Digiprove respects your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data and
any content you choose to upload. The sole purpose of requesting personal data such as your email address and name is to enable Digiprove to provide services to you.
1. What information does Digiprove collect?
Digiprove may collect some or all of the following information:
- Personal Information - identifying information such as name and email address
- User Credentials - security information such as user id and password
- Payment Information - credit card details
- Uploaded content - content you choose to upload to Digiprove
- Log of usage - information about your usage of the system including navigation from page to page
- Feedback Information - information you provide to us by completing a contact form online or by contacting us via email, post, telephone, or fax
2. How does Digiprove use Personal Information and for what purpose?
All communication will cease if you close your account which can be done at any time by selecting
"Preferences", "Close Account" from the members' area.
- Your email address will be used to send you:
- Confirmation of any transaction you undertake on the Digiprove website
- Digiprove certificates of content
- Acknowledgement of any payments you make
- Copies of any emails send to third parties by your instruction
- Responses to messages from you
- Important notices for users about service issues and faults
- Notices of Digiprove marketing initiatives or offers (if you have agreed to such communication)
- Your name will be used to address you within any emails we send you
- Your name and email address together will be used to identify you as the originator of messages and content that you instruct Digiprove to send on your behalf ("certified email"). It is not possible to send anonymous email using this service.
- Your name and your chosen user id will be used to refer to you as the possessor of the identified content in any Digiprove certificate of content requested by you. Such certificates will not be forwarded to any third party.
- Your telephone number may be used to contact you in relation to service issues, membership surveys, or marketing initiatives (if you have agreed to such communication).
- You may choose to supply additional optional personal information such as your address, which may be used to further identify you as the possessor of content
You may "opt-out" of receiving notices of Digiprove marketing initiatives or offers by sending an email to email@example.com with your user id in the subject line.
3. How does Digiprove use User Credentials?
- Your chosen user id and password will be used to authenticate your access to our secure website (note that your password is held in an encrypted form)
- Your chosen security question and the answer you supply may be used to restore your access to Digiprove if you have forgotten your password
- Your chosen security question and the answer you supply may be used to authenticate you when speaking to a Digiprove support representative on the phone
4. How does Digiprove use Payment Information?
- Your credit card details are used to make payments for the Digiprove services
- Your permission for every such payment will be sought online, and will be given by clicking on a "Proceed with Payment" or similar button, unless you have previously authorised automatic renewals of your account.
- Any previously given authorisation for repeat payments may be revoked by you at any time
- Your credit card details are not retained by Digiprove. They are passed to our payments processor only for the purpose of facilitating authorised automatic renewals.
5. How does Digiprove use Uploaded Content?
The only uses for uploaded content are:
- To be stored in on Digiprove's servers for your own use and to be available
to you to download within a secure session.
- To forward such content to third parties via content-registered
email according to your specific instructions. Such content is archived for
up to one year to facilitate re-sending. The Digital Fingerprint of such content
and the covering text of each forwarded message are retained indefinitely
for records purposes.
6. How does Digiprove use the Log of usage data?
- To provide you with historical information on your usage of the system, e.g. what documents you have Digiproved
- Digiprove uses aggregated and specific log data to enable us to better understand our users' requirements and interests and thereby to improve the service and the content of the website to better serve our users and/or to attract new users.
7. How does Digiprove use Feedback Information?
This information is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Digiprove services and website. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any such data.
8. To whom does Digiprove transfer your personal information?
Except as provided below, Digiprove shall not sell, rent, trade or otherwise
transfer any Personal and/or Uploaded content to any third party without your
explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or
by order of the competent authorities.
Your credit card may be passed to our payments processor only for the
purpose of facilitating authorised automatic renewals.
Digiprove reserves the right to outsource some of its operations in
outsource provider to ensure compatibility in all key areas with Digiprove"s then
In the context of acquiring or disposing of businesses or business units in
future, personal information of Digiprove users may be one of the transferred
of the third party to ensure compatibility in all key areas with Digiprove"s
9. What are cookies and how does Digiprove use them?
Cookies are pieces of information recorded on your computer's hard disk by your
retain session data which is critical to the provision of its core services.
Cookies also enable Digiprove to gain information about the use of its website and
to enhance the Website accordingly to the preferences of the users. Digiprove
cookies do not contain any identifying information.
10. How far does Digiprove's responsibility extend?
The Digiprove website may contain links to other websites which are not under the
11. How does Digiprove protect your personal information?
Digiprove takes appropriate operational and technical measures to protect the information
it collects. The databases containing such information can only be accessed by
authorised employees of Digiprove or approved service providers who need to have access to
these databases in order to be able to fulfill their given duties. All such access
is subject to authentication and is logged.
Yes. This policy may change from time to time to comply with legal requirements,
to improve services to our users, or to heighten privacy and confidentiality. The
latest version of this policy is published online at
13. What rights do you have and how can you contact Digiprove?
If you would like to exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove
your Personal Information, please contact Digiprove at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within
a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity, Digiprove
will fulfill your request, provided Digiprove will not act contrary to applicable
legislation by doing so.
14. How long is your information kept by Digiprove?
Digiprove will retain your information for as long as is necessary to:
(1) perform the Digiprove services;
(2) invoice to you your use of the Digiprove services;
(3) satisfy relevant laws in relation to proving the validity of invoices
(4) comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts;
This Policy was last revised on 30th November 2009